The deadline for Travel Award applications has passed.
To assist a small number of female postdoctoral fellows, the Biophysical Society’s Committee for Professional Opportunities for Women has limited funds available for travel fellowships to the 2013 Biophysical Society Annual Meeting. Each award may be applied towards travel to and from the Meeting. The purpose of these travel fellowships is to increase the number of women biophysicists and encourage their participation at the Meeting.
The following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Applicant must be a female postdoctoral fellow.
- Applicant must be presenting an abstract at the Annual Meeting.
- Applicant must be a member of the Biophysical Society with 2013 dues paid by the abstract deadline, October 1, 2012.
- Note that financial need will also be considered.
The following materials are required at the time of online application submission:
1. A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the Annual Meeting.
2. Completed online application form, including brief description of your career path and goals.
3. Applicant’s curriculum vitae (no more than two pages).
4. A signed letter (no more than one page) from the applicant’s mentor, addressing the following:
- Confirmation of the applicant’s postdoctoral status.
- Assessment of the applicant’s scientific potential.
- Importance of this award on the applicant’s future career.
Please note that because this is a travel award, the awardee must be present at the Annual Meeting in order to receive her award. Awards are presented at the Education, Minority Affairs, and Professional Opportunities for Women Committee's Travel Award Reception at the Annual Meeting.
For questions regarding the CPOW Travel Award, please contact the Biophysical Society at (240) 290-5600 or email@example.com.