- The late abstract submission handling fee is $120 and is non-refundable.
- All abstracts submitted for presentation must represent scientific research that cannot be perceived as marketing a specific company or product.
- Authors submitting abstracts are responsible for ensuring that all authors listed on the abstract have been notified of the submission.
- Each abstract will be reviewed by the 2014 Program Committee, and decisions to accept or reject abstracts rest with this committee.
- All late abstracts will be programmed concurrently with regular posters throughout the week. Late abstracts will be on labeled L# boards, after all categories of the regular B# boards. The scheduling of abstracts by the Program Committee is final and authors must be prepared to present their work as programmed.
- There is a limit of 300 words for the title and body text of your abstract submission.
- If you wish to include a graphic or table with your abstract, please use the appropriate links in the abstract submission website. Each included graphic or table will reduce the total abstract word count by 100 characters.
- All abstract submissions must be sponsored by a member.
- Members may only sponsor one abstract, with the exception of the education category. Members may submit an education abstract in addition to one in another category.
- Regular Biophysical Society members, with 2014 dues paid, may sponsor their own abstract or someone else's. Student members may only sponsor their own.
- Non-members may submit an abstract, but must have a 2014 BPS regular, early career, or emeritus member who is not submitting his/her own abstract sponsor the nonmember abstract. Alternatively, they may join at the time of submission.
Special Combination Offer - No Longer Available
Meeting attendees may take advantage of the special non-refundable, non-transferable rates offered when completing a regular abstract submission and registering for the meeting at the same time. This offer is only available at the time of regular abstract submission and only available for the presenting author. Fees are not transferable and non-refundable. This offer is not available for late submissions.
Revisions and Withdrawals
Withdrawls and Revisions of regular abstracts must be submitted by Friday, October 4, 2013, 11:59 PM (EST).
Withdrawls and Revisions of late abstracts must be submitted by the late abstract deadline, Friday, January 8, 2014, 11:59 PM (EST).
If you make a change to your abstract, please make sure to go to the "Review My Work" tab in order to receive confirmation that all changes have been accepted.
Requests for withdrawals must be received in writing by the Society office, email@example.com. Please include the presenting author’s full name and abstract number. The abstract submission handling fee is non-refundable.
The Biophysical Society Office will email regular abstract scheduling notices to Presenting Authors only in late November 2013. The Society will notify late abstract presenting Authors via email in mid-January 2014.
It is important that a valid and current email address for the Presenting Author be entered during the abstract submission process. Once an abstract is received at the Biophysical Society all subsequent notifications will be sent to the Presenting Author by email. Notifications will not be sent to the other authors. The Presenting Author holds the responsibility of notifying all authors on the abstract of the scheduling.