Click here to view a list of events taking place in 2013.
Call for Society Mini-Grants for Local Networking Events
Do you have an idea for hosting a local networking event for current and potential Biophysical Society members? The Membership Committee has created a mini-grant opportunity, which will provide up to $500 to help you host an event. The venue and format of the event are up to you—we are looking for creative ideas that will promote interactions between members and non-members interested in biophysics and the Society. For example, the grant could provide food and beverages for guests attending a presentation by a local biophysicist you recruit. All current Society members inside and outside of the US are eligible to apply.
Please note that your event must meet the following requirements:
- Stand alone event (not part of a larger conference)
- Promote interaction between different institutions and/or communities in a geographical area
- Emphasis on promotion of biophysics
- Take place in an area not currently well served by other opportunities for networking among biophysicists
Complete submission must include:
- Applicant name(s)
- Member ID(s)
- Proposed city/state
- Proposed venue
- Approximate date of event
- Brief description of the event
- Speaker names (if applicable)
- Number of attendees
- Costs associated with event
- Advertising for event
How to apply:
BPS will begin accepting applications for 2014 events in August 2013.
Looking for collaborators for your event? Post a message on the BPS Facebook page or tweet to BPS Twitter followers using hashtag #bpsminigrant.
Contact the Society at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to view a list of events held in 2011 and 2012.